Sunday 6 May 2012

Chevron Nails

I've never done a tutorial before but decided it would be beneficial when I'm posting pictures of my nail art. I'm starting easy with just a simple design featuring two colours...

Step One:
Pick two different colours, preferably a light one and a dark one. I used Barry M Gold (289) for the base and Barry M Indigo (312) for the tips.



Step Two:
Paint entire nail with the lighter shade and leave to dry.

Step Three:
Paint top of nail as picture below. If needed do two coats. I found it easier to go from each side to the centre of the top of the nail rather than attempt the full pattern in one go.

Step Four:
Repeat for all nails.

Step Five:
Seal with a top coat and clean up the edges using a cotton bud.

Tip:
This look seems to look better one longer nails than shorter ones. Also it might be easier if you use a nail art pen to make the lines neater.



Overall to say that this is the first time I've done this design I'm quite impressed, however I'm definitely going to try it another time when all my nails are a longer length as it looks a bit rubbish on some of my stumpier nails.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message...