Thursday 10 May 2012

Sea Ombre Nails

I've been meaning to do a post for a few days so I could do a ombre nail tutorial but as I burnt my fingers I was unable to. I chose to do these nails as I felt they look very beachy and like the sea with waves. Although I'm stuck in rainy England for the next couple of months these are making me excited for my holiday.

I posted a link to the tutorial I used for ombre nails in the first nail post I did however this is my take on the steps with added ideas.





Step one:
Choose two different nail colours, for the sea coloured ones I used Barry M in 295 Pure Turquoise and 291 Cobalt Blue. Paint your entire nails with the lighter shade, in this case the Pure Turquoise.

Step two:
On a piece of plastic pour blobs of each colour next to each other and swirl together with a stick. Using a sponge dab onto the nail in order to create the ombre effect. I went over the tips of the nails with the sponge dipped in just the darker shade to make them stand out more as I felt with these particular colours the ombre style wasn't as effective without doing this.

Step three:
As this technique creates a lot of mess, tidy up your fingers and edges of your nails with a cotton bud and nail polish remover. Use a top coat to seal the design. I've not done a very good job of tidying these up as I was in a bit of a rush.


Hope you like this design, I know it's still a bit basic but hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have the confidence to try something a bit bolder and more "out there"...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message...